- Resources for mentees
- Resources for mentors
- Useful information
- Other resources
- Regional events
- Best Practice Toolkit
How to be part of mentorsme.co.uk
The Portal is intended to provide interested parties with a single, easy to use search engine to locate organisations that provide mentor services to small businesses and those interested in starting a business.
Our aim is to provide users with access to all existing mentoring organisations and networks under one umbrella, whilst not duplicating or competing with the identities, relationships and services that such organisations already provide.
If your organisation is interested in joining the portal please read the guidance notes below before completing the questionnaire.
Your application will be assessed by SFEDI.
SFEDI was established in 1996 as the Enterprise Standards Setting Body, and is responsible for researching, developing, maintaining and quality assuring individual and organisational standards for Business Mentoring. SFEDI has been working to develop a quality assurance framework for Mentoring Organisations appearing on mentorsme.co.uk and have now been appointed to carry out assessment against these standards.
Guidance notes for completing the questionnaire.
- Mentorsme.co.uk welcomes applications from businesses that carry out mentoring services
- Please ensure when completing your application that you have considered the mentorsme definition of mentoring
- And that you can provide evidence that your organisation is offering such a service
- You will need to show evidence that you have mentors who have expertise in mentoring small businesses. This will include a robust and relevant selection, recruitment and induction programme
- You will need to provide sufficient evidence of delivering a consistent quality mentoring offer
- It is important that you have enough mentors in your organisation to be able to respond to requests for mentoring services from a large number of mentees
- Feel free to include further evidence that might support your application – case studies, testimonials, codes of conduct etc
- Your completed questionnaire will be forwarded to SFEDI who will assess your application against quality standards that have been set for mentorsme.co.uk
- SFEDI’s assessment will initially take into consideration the responses to the questions posed in the questionnaire, additional evidence supplied to support responses, information available to view on your company website and the self certification checklist
- The assessment process will take between 4/5 weeks.
Download and complete the questionnaire then return it to: firstname.lastname@example.org